Former Sri Lanka Cricket selection committee chief Pramodya Wickramasinghe has formally written to Sports Minister Sunil Kumara Gamage and Sri Lanka Cricket asking for written clarification on what he describes as the “premature rescission” of his contract.
In a letter dated May 21 and reported by Newswire, Wickramasinghe said he had been verbally informed of deliberations between the ministry and SLC to terminate his appointment and restructure the selection committee before the end of his contract period.
His appointment as head of the selection committee had been approved by the ministry in December 2025 for a fixed two-year term, the letter said. He asked the ministry — or SLC — to provide formal written notification of any decision regarding his position along with the administrative reasons for ending his contract early.
“In order to ensure that all administrative transitions are handled with the utmost transparency, adherence to proper protocol, and mutual respect, I kindly and respectfully request that your office — or Sri Lanka Cricket — provide me with formal, written notification of this decision,” the letter stated. Wickramasinghe added that a written communication would allow him to “conclude my responsibilities in an orderly and professional manner.”
The letter follows SLC’s May 21 announcement of a new five-member selection committee chaired by Kapila Wijegunawardena, alongside members Amal Silva, Brendon Kuruppu, Waruna Waragoda and Vanessa De-Silva. Sports Minister Gamage had said at the time that the national team needed a new direction.
The reshuffle comes against the backdrop of the SLC Transformation Committee’s forensic audit, which the committee chair Eran Wickramaratne has said uncovered irregularities “far greater than initially feared.” Talks with the ICC over an SLC constitutional rewrite are also under way.
Source: Newswire.